Waikato District Council provides a refuse and recycling collection service to over 15,000 houses each week!The cost of providing a weekly recycle service is charged through your rates. To find out if you get the refuse and recycling service please call your local Council office.
Labour Weekend Refuse Collections 2014
Monday 27 October is Labour Day so your refuse and recycling will be collected one day later. There will be no collection on Monday 27 October 2014 (Labour Day).
Collections will run as follows:
- If your collection day is normally Monday, your collection day will be Tuesday 28 October
- If your collection day is normally Tuesday, your collection day will be Wednesday 29 October
- If your collection day is normally Wednesday, your collection day will be Thursday 30 October
- If your collection day is normally Thursday, your collection day will be Friday 31 October
- If your collection day is normally Friday, your collection day will be Saturday 1 November
- Port Waikato refuse collection will be on Sunday as per normal.
Transfer Stations – Labour Weekend Hours
Saturday 25 October 2014 – 10am – 4pm
Sunday 26 October 2014 – 10am – 4pm
Monday 27 October 2014 – Closed
Saturday 25 October 2014 – 12.30 – 4.30pm
Sunday 26 October 2014 – 8.30am – 4.30pm
Monday 27 October 2014 – 8.30am – 4.30pm
Saturday 25 October 2014 – Closed
Sunday 26 October 2014 – 11am – 4pm
Monday 27 October 2014 – Closed
Refuse and recycling transfer stations and information
Inorganic Collection 2014
Things you need to know
- Where available, your refuse and recycling collection will be the same day each week
- Refuse bags and recycle bins must be out on the kerbside by 7.30am
- You can put out a maximum of two bags of rubbish per household
- Prepaid areas, Raglan and ex Franklin areas, can put out any number of bags
- Where the collection is not prepaid please use black plastic rubbish bags, farm fertiliser bags or supermarket plastic bags tied securely
- A bag must not weigh more than 20kg.
- Refuse collection is usually not provided on statutory (public) holidays. Before the holiday, check our website or your local newspaper for information on when your refuse and recycling will be collected.
- Xtreme Waste provides a prepaid refuse bag collection in Raglan. Standard 60 litre bags cost $2.50 each and smaller 35 litre bags cost $1.50 each. The bags are available from Raglan BP petrol station, Raglan 4 Square store, Foodmarket (Wainui Road), Te Uku store, Xtreme Waste and the Council’s Raglan office. $41 for 1m3 drop-off refuse
- In Tuakau, residents have a wheelie bin service. In other Franklin areas residents must purchase prepaid bags (please note all collection services in the former Franklin part of the Waikato district are the same as they were under the former Franklin District Council)
- All bottles or jars must go into the recycle bin - bottles left in cardboard boxes will not be collected as these boxes fall apart when wet and collection staff have been injured by broken bottles
Refuse collection days
||Awaroa (Waiuku urban), Glen Murray, Ngaruawahia Road, Otaua, Raglan West, Rotokauri, Te Kowhai, Whangape, Whatawhata, Whiriwhiri
||Aka Aka, Glen Afton, Huntly, Pukemiro, parts of Otaua Rd, Rotowaro, Tuakau (wheelie bin), Raglan East, Hakarimata Road, Brownlee Ave, View Terrace, Thickpenny Ln, Coenen Street, Waingaro Road, Clark Road
||Gordonton, Horotiu, Ngaruawahia, Orini, Taupiri
||Eureka, Matangi, Onewhero, Pokeno, Tamahere,Tuakau (rural)
||Maramarua, Mercer, Meremere, River Road, Te Kauwhata, Te Ohaki Road, Waerenga Road
- If your refuse or recycling is not collected please phone us on 0800 492 452
- More information on refuse and recycling in Raglan visit Xtreme Waste website
- Want to know what day your rubbish will be collected? Rubbish Collection Day Map This also indicates where the different types of collections start and stop (prepaid bags etc).