Waikato District Council provides a refuse and recycling collection service to over 20,000 houses each week with the cost of providing a weekly recycle service charged through your rates.
We've been reviewing the current refuse and recycling services in our district - Let's talk rubbish.
Refuse and recycling collection days
||Awaroa (Waiuku urban), Glen Murray, Ngaruawahia Road, Otaua, Raglan West, Rotokauri, Te Kowhai, Whangape, Whatawhata, Whiriwhiri, Rotongaro, Eastern Rotowaro
||Aka Aka, Glen Afton, Huntly, Pukemiro, parts of Otaua Rd, Rotowaro, Tuakau (wheelie bin), Raglan East, Hakarimata Road, Brownlee Ave, View Terrace, Thickpenny Ln, Coenen Street, Waingaro Road, Clark Road, Glen Massey
||Gordonton, Horotiu, Ngaruawahia, Orini, Taupiri
||Eureka, Matangi, Onewhero, Pokeno, Tamahere,Tuakau (rural)
||Maramarua, Mercer, Meremere, River Road, Te Kauwhata, Te Ohaki Road, Waerenga Road, Horsham Downs, Ruakura
||Port Waikato, Tuakau Bridge to Port Waikato
Things you need to know about rubbish and recycling
- Where available refuse and recycling collections will be the same day each week
- Refuse bags and recycle bins must be out on the kerbside by 7.30am
- You can put out a maximum of two rubbish bags per household.Prepaid areas, Raglan and ex Franklin, can put out more
- Please use black plastic rubbish bags, farm fertiliser bags or supermarket plastic bags tied securely
- A bag must not weigh more than 20kg.
- Refuse collection is usually not provided on public holidays. This website, Facebook or your local newspaper will advertise any changes.
- Xtreme Waste provides a prepaid refuse bag collection in Raglan. Standard 60 litre bags cost $2.50 each and smaller 35 litre bags cost $1.50 each. The bags are available from Raglan BP petrol station, Raglan 4 Square store, Foodmarket (Wainui Road), Te Uku store, Xtreme Waste and the Council’s Raglan office. $41 for 1m3 drop-off refuse
- Tuakau residents have a wheelie bin service. Other ex-Franklin residents must purchase prepaid bags. NB - all collection services in the former Franklin part of the Waikato district are the same as they were previously.