Waikato District Council provides a refuse and recycling collection service to over 15,000 houses each week!
The cost of providing a weekly recycle service is charged through your rates. To find out if you get the refuse and recycling service please call your local Council office.
Refuse and Recycling Collection Queen's Birthday Weekend 2014
Due to a public holiday there will be no refuse and recycling collection on Monday 2 June (Queen's Birthday). Instead this collection will be collected on Tuesday 3 June. The rest of the week's collections will also be collected one day later, including the Friday collection which will be collected on the Saturday.
Refuse collection days
Things you need to know
- Where available, your refuse and recycling collection will be the same day each week
- Refuse bags and recycle bins must be out on the kerbside by 7.30am
- You can put out a maximum of two bags of rubbish per household
- Prepaid areas, Raglan and ex Franklin areas, can put out any number of bags
- Where the collection is not prepaid please use black plastic rubbish bags, farm fertiliser bags or supermarket plastic bags tied securely
- A bag must not weigh more than 20kg.
- Refuse collection is usually not provided on statutory (public) holidays. Before the holiday, check our website or your local newspaper for information on when your refuse and recycling will be collected.
- Xtreme Waste provides a prepaid refuse bag collection in Raglan. Standard 60 litre bags cost $2.50 each and smaller 35 litre bags cost $1.50 each. The bags are available from Raglan BP petrol station, Raglan 4 Square store, Foodmarket (Wainui Road), Te Uku store, Xtreme Waste and the Council’s Raglan office. $41 for 1m3 drop-off refuse
- In Tuakau, residents have a wheelie bin service. In other Franklin areas residents must purchase prepaid bags (please note all collection services in the former Franklin part of the Waikato district are the same as they were under the former Franklin District Council)
- All bottles or jars must go into the recycle bin - bottles left in cardboard boxes will not be collected as these boxes fall apart when wet and collection staff have been injured by broken bottles
- Rubbish Collection day map - this shows where the different types of collections start and stop (prepaid bags etc).
Refuse collection days
Awaroa (Waiuku urban), Glen Murray, Ngaruawahia Road, Otaua, Raglan West, Rotokauri, Te Kowhai, Whangape, Whatawhata, Whiriwhiri
||Aka Aka, Glen Afton, Huntly, Pukemiro, parts of Otaua Rd, Rotowaro, Tuakau (wheelie bin), Raglan East, Hakarimata Rd, Brownlee Ave, View Terrace, Thickpenny Ln, Coenen St, Waingaro Rd, Clark Rd
Gordonton, Horotiu, Ngaruawahia, Orini, Taupiri
||Eureka, Matangi, Onewhero, Pokeno, Tamahere,Tuakau (rural)
Maramarua, Mercer, Meremere, River Road, Te Kauwhata, Te Ohaki Road, Waerenga Road
- If your refuse or recycling is not collected please phone Council on 0800 492 452
- More information on refuse and recycling in Raglan Xtreme Waste website
- Want to know what day your rubbish will be collected? Rubbish Collection Day Map